Whether short- or long-term, pain isn’t just a medical condition. It’s an intrusive, powerful force that changes our activities, our emotional state and even our relationships. It can cause decreased physical function and quality of life and increased frustration and hopelessness. We often hear stories that start with “I used to <fill in the blank>, but now I can’t.” Sound familiar? It’s time to take back your life.
Our area of practice, SomaYoga, helps bring more function to the body and create a better quality of life. Our clients report improvements in posture, physical function, flexibility, and levels of stress, anxiety and depression.
In our SomaYoga work together we will:
- Re-educate your brain to work with muscles that have been tight and unresponsive.
- Use breathing techniques to soothe the nervous system and move the body away from stress.
- Practice strength and stability techniques to create more ease in the body and mind.
If you’re already under medical care, we can partner with your doctor to ensure our work complements the rest of your treatment plan. We would love to talk with you about how a SomaYoga practice can benefit your body and your mind. Contact us to start the conversation.
Elen Bahr (left)
– Certified in traditional Hatha yoga Level 1 (500 hours) SomaYoga Therapy program at Yoga North International SomaYoga Institute
– Certified Personal Trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
– Currently enrolled in Level 2 (1000 hours) SomaYoga Therapy program. Projected graduation February 2019.
Certified in traditional Hatha yoga Level 1 (500 hours) SomaYoga Therapy program at Yoga North International SomaYoga Institute